Herbal Compress Ball
An ancient form of thai massage, the herbal compress ball is used for aromatherapy. Using a variety of soothing herbs from southeast asia that include lemongrass, kaffir lime, ginger. shikakai, cassia siamea, mangosteen, basil leaves, sweet sage, and myrtle grass wrapped and tied up in a muslin ball.
How to use:
- Soak the herbal compress completely in water for approximately one minute and remove.
- Warm the compresses in an herbal compress steamer for another ten to fifteen minutes. Alternatively, heat the compresses in the microwave for two to three minutes. For maximum therapeutic benefit, the steaming method is recommended.
- Check the temperature of the compresses by holding them against your upper arm before placing it directly on yourself.
- Apply the herbal compresses to any affected sore areas. Use gentle pressure while rolling, dragging, and pressing the compresses against the skin.
- So that the medicinal herbs have a chance to absorb completely into the skin, wait at least thirty minutes before taking a bath.